Welcome to our News Email - Checking the Pulse - providing you with useful and informative ABC Friends News bites. Below you will find links to interesting reads/webinars, online events coming up and ABC TV productions you may enjoy.
Here's a list of three things to read this month.
- ABC's Bluey - imagination and play during the Pandemic - Bluey’s magical and sacred family home
- Media Diversity Senate Inquiry Success! Rudd and Turnbull will be called to give evidence at this Senate inquiry into media diversity
- How Murdoch influences your life and you may not know it - here
Dates to put in your Diary
- 19th November 6pm ACDT. Criminalising Journalism, Silencing Whistle-Blowers: YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW: an online broadcast with Quentin Dempster AM, former Chair of the Walkley Foundation and veteran journalist, broadcaster and author, in conversation with University of South Australia's Professor Rick Sarre. You can register for this event.
- 4th December 8.30pm and 6th December 8.40pm on ABC - a special national live event broadcast over 2 nights. REEF LIVE. From the Great Barrier Reef, audiences will be able to watch one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles unfold – the once-yearly phenomenon of the majestic mass coral spawn. A good news story to end the year on!
Interesting ABC Programmes to catch up on
- In My Blood It Runs - about the love Aboriginal parents have for their kids. Check out this great article written by Dujuan's mum about the love Aboriginal parents have for their kids. A critically acclaimed documentary. This has been featured acknowledging NAIDOC Week. You can watch it on iView here.
- Insiders: The Interviews (8th November) – primarily the interview with 2 former Prime Ministers from opposite sides of politics demonstrating respect for one another, ability to answer the question and able to speak their mind! You can watch it on iView here.
- Q and A – where was this Malcolm when we needed a voice on protecting democracy and challenging the influential Murdoch press! You can watch it on iView here.
On behalf of your 2020-2021 Committee
Sue Pinnock - President
Sandra Coopman - Secretary
Mihir Makwana - Treasurer
Roselie Copley, Andrew Johnston and Tina Phillips - Committee Members
Do you like this post?